Monday, June 18, 2012

Gravity Falls Art Post



For the past year I've been working on the new Disney show Gravity Falls. The pilot just premiered and I'd love to share some development work that I did for it. I was on the design team with 3 other fine fellows, Josh Parpan, Sean Jimenez and Bill Flores (those two dont have blogs because they're cranky old men). Ian Worrel was our art director. These guys are all insanely talented!




These are color keys that I did for the chase sequence at the climax of the episode.

I'll be posting more as I go - thanks for looking!

14 comments:

CĂ©line DESRUMAUX said...

clap clap clap!
it's beautiful!!

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

So impressed by the first episode and by your work, Elle. Congrats on a great looking (and entertaining) show!

Kari said...

Wow Elle these are incredible! I cannot stop looking at them. :)

Lila Burns said...

these are beautifullllllllllllllllllll!!!! ahhh so happy for you!

Bree Paulsen said...

I knew it!!! I could see the resemblance of your work in the backgrounds, especially in the forest scenes. Can't wait to see more :D

Elle Michalka said...

Thank you guys! It means a lot :)

Cdierksen said...

For the old folks here...we really appreciate your talent! Keep up the great work!

Jeff said...

Yeah but... can the characters in Gravity Falls use physical projections of their emotions to battle each other? :)

These are amazing Elle. Keep up the good work!

~Jeff

fleewortep said...

this is super awsome!

pixelbudah said...

Very nice work, I love the colors and how you can almost feel the heat from your pieces!

Tom M said...

These are awesome! Good Work. Looking forward to where this show is going.

K.B. said...

Love this show, love your work for the show !!

Vaughan Ling said...

I was on Tron right upstairs! Always stopped to drool when I passed by these in the hallway.
-Vaughan

Elle Michalka said...

Thanks!! We drooled over Tron too :)